Oh la la! The French Connection Coffee Drink is yummy, creamy and sometimes sweet (depending on the amount of the Amaretto liquor in it)!
Generally, the French connection series of cocktails are made with Cognac and Amaretto. You can love and enjoy this soothing combination straight if you like or mix it into a cup of strong, black coffee even into a double aromatic and strong espresso to create the French connection coffee, otherwise known as the Café Amore.
You can adjust the proportion of the two spirits for this coffee recipe. The more amaretto you pour, the sweeter it will be, though many of us choose the even pour. I personally prefer a little bit more Cognac inside, that means 1 shot Amaretto and 1.5 shots Cognac. You can even deck it out with whipped cream and Slivered almonds, to garnish, if you like.
- One shot Brandy or Cognac
- One shot Amaretto Liquor
- 2 strong Espressos or an Aromatic Strong Coffee
- Whipped Cream, for the Top
- Shaved Almonds, to garnish
How to do it:
- In a coffee cup, combine the brandy / Cognac, Amaretto and black coffee or the 2 espressos.
- Beat the cream until it’s rich and fluffy, with soft peaks (or use already whipped cream from a can). Top the coffee drink with the whipped cream.
- Garnish with the shaved almonds, and it’s ready!!!
Serve it or enjoy it by yourself!!!