And I ‘m going to ask you:
“Where you can get easier your espresso shot in the morning or during the day in Weekend? Or if you stay at home and need a strong caffeine kick? Do you have to run every time to your beloved Coffee Shop or to go easier and faster to your kitchen and get your favour aromatic espresso or cappuccino or even your latte macchiato?”
“No!!”, you say. And, I’m asking you – “why not?”
Well, it’s probably because you don’t have an espresso coffee machine even a simple one at home. May be the reason you don’t purchase any is, that you believe they are difficult to use. Or, you may think that using an espresso creator, like the one you see in your favourite coffee shop, needs extra barista-skills. Or, you believe that is very expensive to buy it for your home.
Well, nothing of all these is true. You can prepare an excellent tasty espresso at home very easy, without learning any brewing secrets, without paying a lot of money.
And I strongly believe that a super automatic espresso machine makes your dream for an excellent espresso shot at home come true.
And if we talk about the coffee machine costs, I can assure you that, if you drink a couple of cappuccino and espresso every day, you can cover the cost of the machine in much less than a year. So, if you’re a coffee lover and you have no time or mood to learn how to grind, dose, tamp, and pour coffee, let me give you some information and help you find the best super automatic espresso machine of the year meeting your needs.
Delonghi ECAM28465M Prima Donna
Saeco Intelia Deluxe HD8759/47
I will take you through my fully automatic espresso machine reviews. After reading the five short reviews bellow, you will have a clear view of what to expect from machines at different price ranges. After this I’ll inform you about the important factors to consider when buying an espresso machine.
5 Best Super Automatic Espresso Machines:
Delonghi ECAM28465M Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
Here is one of the “Ferrari” bezween the fully-automatic espresso creators:
– the DeLonghi Prima Donna
The Prima Donna has a premium quality design, a robust body, top function and a positive surprising price. This brewer is the right one for everybody wants to bring home an elite fully-automatic coffee machine.
We hold this espresso machine in high esteem for two reasons:
- It has one-touch espresso, latte, and cappuccino brewing function
- It offers a great deal of customization and you can adjust the amount of froth, grind size, strength, amount of coffee and temperature
But, the user interface is not so easy. You should read the manual many times to learn about its many features.
After that, you should practice using the features to adopt them. If you don’t invest the time to know more about the machine, you will underutilize it. You don’t want to invest money for worthy features and not to use them!!
But don’t let this small “difficulty take you down!! The Prima Donna is at the top of the coffee machines pack. If you want the best, this is it.
- One-touch espresso and milk drinks
- Many customized options to create your dream coffee
- Prepares very good coffee and fast
- Durable and stylish
- A little bit expensive
- User interface to learn and not to use it instantly
Jura IMPRESSA C65 Super-automatic espresso machine
– Best under $1000
The Jura Impressa C65 has more reasonable price than the DeLonghi Prima Donna.
Costing under a thousand dollars, the C65 offers a decent amount of customization but not so many as Prima Donna does. But, considering the difference in price between the two machines, the Jura C65’s features offer us a good value for money.
I love the C65’s minimalistic and simple interface and design. It has two rotary dials. The left one provides access to the programs and customization options. The right one lets you switch between steam and hot water. The dial interface takes a little bit of getting used to, because entering and exiting the menu isn’t that easy.
After using the machine a couple of times, you can very easy use it.
The main limitation of this machine, compared to the Prima Donna, is the milk frothing system. Although the system is automatic, the C65 does not have a milk carafe. You need to connect the frothing wand to a milk container using the milk pipe. You have also to control the machine during the brewing process.
I believe that the Jura C65 is the right machine for you if you’re looking for a moderately priced super-automatic. And, if you mostly brew espresso, the fact of not having a milk carafe won’t trouble you at all.
- Stylish and durable
- Simple easy interface
- Realistic price
- Good customization
- No milk carafe
- Needs continual supervision
- Takes a little bit time to get used to the controls but it s very easy
Saeco Intelia Deluxe HD8759/47 Fully-automatic Coffee Machine
The automatic coffee machine Seaco Intelia Deluxe HD8759 has almost the same skills that the Jura C65 does.
Also, the Intelia Deluxe is about a little bit cheaper than Jura C65 is. Intelia Deluxe is more compact and has a smaller footprint than the Jura C65 too .
Trying to choose between the C65 and the Intelia Deluxe I have to inform you about the user interface. Comparing the C65, which has a minimalistic panel layout and the Intelia Deluxe which has a bolder layout, I believe the Intelia panel is much easier for the user.
The big buttons, which are arranged around a large display, have clear labels that indicate their functions. And, when you access the menu, the display shows exactly where you are and what you can do.
Both machines have the same problematic when it comes to the frothing system. The Intelia Deluxe does not have a milk carafe too. You need to connect the frothing wand to a milk container using a milk pipe. The only difference is that Jura 65 produces better quality foam than Intelia Deluxe does.
Overall, the Intelia Deluxe is a good fit for people who like a simple button and screen interface. And because this machine temperature at the brew head is around 190° F this machine is also the right one for coffee lovers like their coffee really hot.
- Good looking and robust
- Nice price
- Simple interface
- Prepares really hot coffee
- No milk carafe
- Change position of the cup between brewing and frothing but this is also a barista problem with bigger and more expensive machines
Gaggia Brera 59100 Automatic Coffee Machine
– Best for the Money
The automatic coffee machine Gaggia Brera is the best espresso creator in a very low price. The machine has a built-in ceramic burr grinder with five different grind settings. In addition to this, you can also set the dosing and length of the coffee shot but, the degree of control is a little bit limited.
For example, you can set the strength of your coffee to mild, medium, or strong, but you cannot control how many grams the grinder grinds. Also, you can set the coffee shot volume for a single and double shot, but you should watch the length of your coffee shot because the display doesn’t give any explanations about it.
Another drawback is that the machine does not have an automatic milk-frother. You should do it manually, but we have good news for you because the Brera comes with a pannarello wand. The pannarello wand allows you to froth milk without including much technique for the frothing.
Gaggia Brera is an amazing automatic coffee machine with a built-in grinder and offers enought customization. It doesn’t have an auto-frother, but at this price, we can ignore it.
- Very good design and stable
- Very economical
- Pannarello steam wand
- The right one for espresso lovers
- Without auto programs for milk coffee drinks
- Manual frothing system
- Limited customization
DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Latte and Espresso Automatic Coffee Machine
The automatic coffee machine DeLonghi Magnifica XS isn’t as expensive as the Saeco Intelia Deluxe, and it isn’t as cheap as the Gaggia Brera.
Magnifica XS fares better than the Gaggia Brera does, and it is not as capable as the Intelia Deluxe.
Exploring the features of Magnifica XS we see that it comes with a steel burr grinder with 13 grind settings and in this part you get a lot of control over the grind’s texture. You can also set it to coarse for long coffee and fine for espresso.
This automatic coffee machine also has two sets of programmable buttons for a single shot and double shot. The first set is for espresso, and the second is for long coffee (lungo). The dial in the middle lets you change the strength of the coffee brew.
Another feature I like is the auto-purge steam wand because after using it, automatically runs water through it to clean and cool it. This feature makes the machine maintenance much easier. The taste of the espresso shot this machine prepares is the same as the shots pulled by many very expensive coffee machines. This coffee maker has manual milk frothing too.
- Reasonable price
- Good design and stable body
- Easy to maintain
- Programmable grinding settings and coffee shot volume
- Adjustable coffee strength
- Manual frothing
- Not the best for coffee drinks with milk
Choosing the right automatic coffee machine fitting to your needs
If you have a fixed budget for a coffee machine or you don’t know how much you have to pay for it, the good news is that every price range has very good products.
But, how do you know if you can get a good deal when you see one?
Here you can be good informed and will learn the advantages and disadvantages of a fully-automatic coffee machine. This information will help you decide whether a coffee maker is the right machine for you or not. And, if you have more questions I will answer to any consideration you may have.
After reading this section, you will be able to find the ideal product within your budget and your “coffee needs”. If you have not set a budget yet, this section will help you do that and then choose the right machine to purchase.
Why should I buy a fully-automatic espresso machine?
There are three main categories of espresso makers on the market: manual, semi-automatic, and fully-automatic (or super-automatic). In manual brewers, you do most of the work, including grinding, dosing, tamping, heating, pumping, and pouring. In a semi-automatic, the machine does the heating and pouring. But, you should grind, dose, and tamp manually. A fully-automatic brewer does everything for you in seconds. So, the obvious advantages are:
- You don’t need special Skills: Without knowledge of brewing an espresso shot you can still pull a great shot with a automatic coffee machine.
- Constant Results: From the first cup to the last, the taste of each coffee shot will remain the same unless you change the settings.
- Low-Maintenance: A fully-automatic coffee machine has less parts to clean and these parts need to be cleaned not very frequently.
Are there any limitations?
The biggest limitation of the automatic coffee machine is that you have less control over the brewing variables because the machine makes all the decisions for you. Some brewers let you select variables such as coffee shot strength and length.
Normally, this is not a problem if you’re happy with what the machine brews. Only if you don’t like the taste, you cannot do anything about it because the process is already programmed.
If you like to experiment with different flavours, grind sizes, temperatures, extraction time, and grind amounts, you should buy better a semi-automatic espresso machine.
Is the super-automatic the right choice for me?
Based on the limitations and capabilities of a super fully-automatic espresso machine, it is clear that the automatic is made for convenience, not to control everything. So, if all you want to do is enjoy the high-quality and aromatic coffee drinks without investing much time a fully-automatic coffee machine is the right choice for you.
Of course, if you want to learn and develop your barista skills this is not the right machine for you. The fully automatic coffee machines leave no room for growing your skills, even if you get some customization and it never feels like you’re in control.
What are the factors I should examine before buying a fully-automatic espresso machine?
If you’re sure that the super-automatic is the right machine for you, then here are some features that will help you pick a very good machine:
- Programs: The machine can make some coffee drinks for you and every drink has a program behind it. High-end and rather expensive coffee machines allow one-touch brewing for espresso and milk drinks, such as latte and cappuccino. Budget-friendly options brew espresso automatically (one touch). To make milk drinks you should manually froth the milk using the steam wand. So, if you’re not a fan of milk drinks, don’t waste your money on an automatic milk frother. On the other hand, if you love milk drinks, the automatic milk frother is a good feature to give some more money for.
- Customization: Customization has two points to check. The first is the number of customization options. The second is the degree of customization within each option. For example, a low-cost machine may offer only three settings for coffee strength. But, a high-end machine may offer five or more coffee strength settings. In all these you have no the full control and if you want to get more involved with the brewing process, get a semi-automatic coffee machine.
- Maintenance: Cleaning the brew group, emptying the drip tray and dreg box, purging the steam wand, and decalcifying the boiler are the main maintenance operations involved in operating a super-automatic. The frequency of every maintenance is not fixed. For every coffee machine is different. For example, if the brewer has a tiny dreg box you will have to empty it more often or, if the steam wand does not have an auto-purge feature, you will have to purge it manually after every use or, if the water tank doesn’t have a filter, you’ll have to decalcify more often. That’s why you have to check all the features that reduce the frequency of maintenance operations.
- Service: A fully-automatic coffee machine is only as good as its weakest link. If any component of the mechanism breaks down, the entire machine becomes useless. So, make sure you have a service centre near your area or it’s easy to send it and get it also fast back.
- Warranty: Even if you use the machine exactly as directed and follow all the maintenance procedures, the machine can still collapse resulting from defects in material or workmanship. Usually, such defects will show up within 1-2 years. So, make sure your machine has at least a two-years warranty. Also, read the warranty policy to make sure it is in your favour specially about the costs of sending the machine to the manufacturer, consider the shipping charges.
What are my options if I decide to buy a fully automatic coffee machine?
Just apply what you’ve learned in my article to select a machine that fits your needs and budget or choose one of these I’m suggesting here like DeLonghi, Gaggia, Saeco, Jura, and Breville.
You’ve seen and learned in my article that the features in high-end models are almost the same to mid-tier models as the years go by. So, even if you’re on a low budget, machines like Gaggia Brera and the DeLonghi Magnifica XS allow you to brew delicious aromatic espresso at home.
If you drink espresso as well as milk drinks, the best option is the Jura Impressa C65. Ofcourse if you want the best coffee milk drinks the, you can’t go wrong with our top pick, the DeLonghi Prima Donna but it needs a higher budget.
Based on the important factors and the short reviews of the fully-automatic espresso machines, you can now confidently choose the coffee maker that meet your budget and needs and enjoy the best coffees ever.